1952 TOPPS Baseball Cards
Events for 1952 Topps Stars Occurring on This Day:
* Indicates players, teams or others that were not included in the original 1952 Topps baseball card set.
Ray Coleman was born on this day in 1922
(Box scores provided by baseball-reference.com)
1) The Boston Bees signed left handed pitcher Warren Spahn as an amateur free agent on this date in 1940.
2) Outfielder Ray Coleman was traded by the St.Louis Browns to the Philadelphia Athletics for George Binks on this date in 1948.
3) On this date in 1951, Pittsburgh Pirate's outfielder Gus Bell hit for the cycle in a game against the Philadelphia Phillies. Boxscore
4) Also In 1951 on this date, the Phil. Athletics traded Kermit Wahl to the Chi. White Sox for infielder Henry (Hank) Majeski.
5) Outfielder Willard Marshall was purchased by the Cincinnati Reds from to the Boston Braves on this date in 1952.
6) Also on this date in 1952, Bos. Red Sox infielder Billy Goodman went 5 for 5 and Cle. Indians outfielder Larry Doby hit for
the cycle in a 13-11 slugfest game. Boxscore
7) Of Bob Addis, inf/of Preston Ward*, of Gene Hermanski, p Bob Schultz, & c Toby Atwell
of the Chicago Cubs were traded in a 10 player blockbuster deal to the Pittsburgh Pirates on this date in 1953 for
of Ralph Kiner*, inf/of George Metkovich, c Joe Garagiola, & p Howie Pollet.
8) Inf Bobby Adams was signed by the Baltimore Orioles as a free agent on this date in 1956.
9) On this date in 1956, former Phillies pitcher Jim Konstanty was signed as a free agent by the St.Louis Cardinals.
10) Also in 1956 on this date, the Boston Red Sox purchased former Braves pitcher Max Surkont from the St.Louis Cardinals.