1952 TOPPS Baseball Cards
Events for 1952 Topps Stars Occurring on This Day:
* Indicates players, teams or others that were not included in the original 1952 Topps baseball card set.
(Box scores provided by baseball-reference.com)
1) Chicago Cubs shortstop Roy Smalley hit for the cycle in a game against the St.Louis Cardinals at Wrigley Field
on this date in 1950. Boxscore
2) In 1952 on this date, the Chicago White Sox selected infielder Willie Miranda* off waivers from
the St.Louis Browns.
3) Baltimore Orioles pitcher Ray Moore* blanked the Cleveland Indians 6-0
on this date in 1957. Boxscore It was the 4th consecutive shut-out thrown by the Orioles pitching staff,
setting a new AL record.
4) Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Wally Post became the first ML'er to throw out two runners from the outfield in one inning
on this date in 1959. It was in a losing cause as his Phillies lost to the San Francisco Giants, 6-0. Boxscore
5) In 1963 on this date, the Chicago White Sox purchased from the Philadelphia Phillies, outfielder Jim Lemon*.
6) Chicago White Sox relief ace Hoyt Wilhelm extended his ML record of consecutive errorless games to 247
in a 3-2 win against the Baltimore Orioles on this date in 1967. Boxscore
7) In 1969 on this date, the Houston Astros released pitcher Bill Henry*.